Sunday, May 26, 2024

Daisy


Daisy of Stargazer


It was always Daisy and Dancer, and now there is just The Dancer. Although, I do have their three half brothers here at Stargazer.  Daisy was the second of this family that I lost without warning.  Their sister, Cloudee, died suddenly of Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia in 2014. All of these dogs are immune compromised in some manner, which makes them super Seppala Siberian  Stargazers, some of my special needs dogs.  Daisy and Dancer arrived in a blizzard, a white snowstorm of Seppala Siberians half seen in the headlights of my Suburban, parked in the darkening night.   With a failing alternator, the headlights were shining on the unfinished kennels, containing what seemed like a dozen or more white pups, whirling, dancing, leaping in the darkness and falling snow. I saw white; white pups, white snow, white shavings littering the ground.  The only one I could identify with certainty, was Daisy, who had gone through the debarking surgery, earlier that week, and had a distinctive soft and raspy bark. I chose her, as I knew she would need extra care, and picked another, the breeder called Dancer.  The"D" Litter.  I like having siblings, so I chose two.  These were Seppala Siberians, sure to be excellent race dogs.  Well, that story had to be modified.

No comments:

Post a Comment